Food is that sector of the market that will always bring in good revenue to the investors. When trades and businesses expand internationally, there is an enormous surplus earned from it. In a country like UAE with the world’s most stable economy, initiating a start-up will prove to be very beneficial in the coming years. In case you have the means to establish a start-up company to trade in food, you can begin the process without any delay however before that, you will have to learn how to get a foodstuff trading license in UAE.
Note that there are ample opportunities in the free trade zone of UAE for foreign investors. They have the liberty to carry forward a business deal without having to be physically present in the country. However, for a trade like dealing in foodstuff or restaurants, you will require a legal permit and approval from the UAE Government. But before acquiring a food trading license, you will have to pass several tests that will qualify you to be able to get the foodstuff trading license.
Steps to Follow for Get a Foodstuff Trading License in UAE
- Firstly, you will require a brokerage. There are various online websites where you will get acquainted with mediators that will ease the work for you to get a trade licence.
- Next, you have to select a section you want to deal in as mentioned in the following sentence. There are two main sectors in the market which you can target– one is being the supplier and manufacture of foodstuff to various companies, the other is that you can supply food directly to the consumers.
- Next, you have to pick the food items you are going to trade-in. Different food items require different licenses in the UAE; therefore, make your choice accordingly. For example, if you are in the manufacturing market, you should have an Industrial License. However, if you are a consultant and seller, you should have a professional license and a commercial license respectively.
- Next, you will have to register your company as a legal business under the authorization of the UAE Government. There are various processes to carry out the registration process as well because it is very vital part of your start-up. You will have to get an approval, set a name for your business, contact agents, draft an MOA and file a tenancy contract. All of these require charges which you will have to accentuate.
- Lastly, once you are a registered service provider in UAE, a team from the Department of Food and Hygiene will visit your company or set up to check the surrounding and the place where food will be prepared or served. If the appointed team is pleased with the hygiene and sanitation of the said location, your license is guaranteed.
Note that, the registration process is vital since without registering your company with the legal authorities, your business setup will be null and void. You will not get a trade licence following which all other processes will be considered baseless. Therefore, you must learn how to get a foodstuff trading license in UAE and accordingly get one for your trade.