Dubai offers ample scope for logistics due to its strategic location right between trading routes of Africa, Asia, Europe and the West. Top class airports, ports, wide roads and other infrastructure in Dubai have enabled the growth of the logistics, courier and transportation sectors. For setting up a company in these sectors, you should consult GCC Filings which will help you with VAT registration, company incorporation, VAT return filling, auditing, accounting and more.
Setting up Logistics Business in Dubai
You can consider setting up your logistics business in DLC (Dubai Logistics City) which is one of the rapidly growing free zones in the Emirate of Dubai. Some of the advantages include the following:
- Advantageous geographical location
- Contemporary logistics facilities
- Simple legal formalities
- 70,000+ companies in zone
- In-built warehouse provisions
- Distribution system catering to markets across Africa, Middle East, SAARC Countries and South East European nations.
- Easily available visa services
Process for Establishing Logistics Business
- Fill up the application form for approvals initially.
- Submit necessary documents for registering your business. This requires 15 days.
- Submit a business plan and other necessary documents.
- Post submission, a business license can be acquired.
- You should then pay fees to the authority for the free zone.
- The Registrar of Companies will then issue the incorporation certificate for the company.
- Shareholder passport copies
- Proof of trade name reservation
- Personal data sheet for managers and shareholders
- CV and passport copies of managers
- Proof of approval of initial activity
- Notarized and attested article of association and memorandum of association
- Attested and notarized power of attorney, appointment of legal representative
- Document of legal agreement that shows physical address of company
Setting up a Courier Service in Dubai
Courier companies should be licensed via Emirates Port Group and owners/companies must have commercial and trade licenses from the relevant authorities. The Emirates Post Group will require 20 working days for issuing licenses and the online application form has to be filled along with providing necessary documents. Courier service owners may be of any nationality and the cost for each license is AED 100,000. The license may be applied online via the Emirates Post Group portal.
- Owner and shareholder passport copies
- Local family book copy
- Trade name reservation copy
- Copy of initial approval
- Lease contract copy
- Established firm copy
- Copy of trading register certificate and commercial license
Setting up a Road Transportation Business in Dubai
The main requirements for setting up a road transportation business in Dubai include the following:
- Transport license from the National Transport Authority in the UAE.
- Applicants for transport licenses should be UAE citizens.
- The transport vehicles should be equipped with safety gear.
- Transport licenses will be issued for 3 months and should be renewed within 30 days.
- Commercial licenses are a must prior to applying for a transport license in Dubai.
- AED 100 to be paid by passenger vehicles and AED 5 for each passenger seat.
- Vehicles moving commercial goods are required to pay AED 100 and AED 10 for every tonne of gross vehicle weight.