Starting your shop in Dubai will not be a difficult affair provided you opt for assistance from companies like GCC Filings which will help you take care of aspects like company incorporation in UAE, VAT registration, return filing, auditing and more.
Starting a Retail Shop in Dubai
Retail is fast growing in Dubai and here is what you need:
- Local Partner- In Dubai and other Emirates in the UAE, it is imperative that you get support from a local partner. This local partner should have at least 51% stake in the business in Dubai and once you get this process done, you can instantly start applying for your license. This procedure is compulsory for those owning shops in free zones or inking contracts with investors.
- Dubai Commercial License- Post deciding on the type of retail store that you want, for getting a trade license, your company should have registration in the Company Register. Post this step, some documents have to be furnished to the DED (Department of Economic Development) and UAE Federal Ministry of Economy. The documents include your application with the name of the company in English and also in Arabic, original lease contract for your registered address, payment proof for trade license issuance fee and permit given by the Dubai Municipality Building Department that approves usage of storage space as business address for your retail store.
- Renting a shop- Renting your shop will necessitate several permissions from Government organizations including the Dubai Municipality.
Establishing a Beauty Salon in Dubai
For establishing a beauty salon in Dubai, here’s what you need to consider:
- Professional License- People desirous of commencing any skill based activity have to get professional licenses from the Dubai Municipality.
- Submit documents- The documents required include passport copies of partners and owners, prescribed application form, copy of naturalization book of local partner, copy of transit/tourist visa and visit for foreign investors, no objection letter from sponsor for foreign partners and initial approval from relevant authorities.
- Location- You should then zero in on a suitable location for your salon which is ideally near major business hubs, universities/educational institutions and technology parks.
Setting up a Restaurant in Dubai
You will have to check the following aspects if you wish to open your restaurant in Dubai:
- Food and Trade License- The food license should be garnered from the Food & Safety Department while trade licenses are given by the DED (Department of Economic Development) and also the Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing.
- Submit documents- Key documents include the layout for your establishment, first approval from the DED and approval from the planning department in case your store is situated outside any shopping center.
- Location- You have to choose the right location while setting up a restaurant. There are several major business zones including Internet City, Education City, Media City and other tourist areas which witness high footfalls. You have to select a good location based on your target audience.