The tourism industry is expected to strongly thrive in the UAE, particularly in RAK in the near future. There will naturally be a positive impact of the upcoming 2020 World Expo in Dubai and Ras-Al-Khaimah will naturally benefit in terms of its flourishing ceramic industries and also tourism. RAK is a hotbed for culture and history and serves as a wonderful gateway and unique experiential destination for tourists.
Key Developments in the Tourism Sector in RAK
The RAK Tourism Development Authority has taken several measures for boosting tourism in the Emirate. These include the following:
- Multiple road-shows tapping key Eastern European cities.
- Hosting the Belgium Travel Summit in the UAE.
- Launching the Destination Strategy 2020-21.
- Inking the deal with Mantis Group for operation of a luxury camp situated at Jebel Jais.
These are only some of the key initiatives that indicate the huge growth potential for tourism in RAK and the pro-active nature of the Government with regard to this sector.
How to Starting your Tourism Business in RAK
Here are the basic steps for starting your tourism business in RAK. For company setup in RAK, VAT registration, return filing, auditing and accounting among other services, you can reach out to GCC Filings in the UAE.
- Choose your business activity- You should work out the final business activity including holidays, personalized packages, accommodation, transportation and more.
- Choose the business type- You can register as a limited partnership, general partnership, limited liability, joint stock, branch or sole proprietorship company.
- Garner vital documents- You require several key documents including passports and visas of shareholders, ID cards, residency visa details for expats, no objection letters from the Chamber of Commerce, original rent contract certified by the Municipality, approval from Government authorities and copy of property ownership which is approved by the inspection division at DED.
- Registration of Trade Name- Each business entity should have a unique name and the name should not be offensive or repeated. The DED in RAK has authority to refuse trade names in case set guidelines are violated.
- Get necessary approvals- Post deciding on the trade name, you should garner approvals from Government authorities and post scrutiny of the documents, approval will be provided and certificate of incorporation will be given accordingly.
- Payments for License- Once you get all required approvals, you should then get the required business license which will legally enable you to undertake business activities. For starting your tourism business in RAK, you should get a tourism license by paying the requisite fees for legally undertaking business operations.