There are two payment variants available for the non-registered VAT registrant which are:
- Paying the VAT amount during import
- And by providing e-guarantee
Procedure for filing VAT via e-guarantee
E-guarantee is the process through which the non-applicants can file in their VAT. The process that needs to be followed is:
- Submitting and preparing the custom declaration during the customs portal
- The declaration details shall be approved and validated by the customs official. Upon approval, a notification shall be sent to the FTA and the importer as well.
- Obtaining an e-guarantee from the bank where the value should be equal to the VAT due amount
- An e-serviceaccount needs to be created by the importer.
- You will need to make the VAT payment by logging into the FTA portal
Steps to Submit e-guarantee in FTA Portal in UAE
And to help you submit the e-guarantee, here we have created the easiest steps that you will need to follow.
Step 1: Visit the FTA e-services portal for which you will need to visit the link https://eservices.tax.gov.ae/en-us/login?returnurl=%2fen-us%2fuser%2fdashboard
Step 2: Now log in to the VAT account by entering the credentials that the site is asking for
Step 3: Now, browse to the “VAT 301-Import Declaration form for VAT payment” and click on it
Step 4: Fill in all the customs authorities, along with the declaration date, and the declaration number.
Step 5: Now, after you click on the About declarations, a new screen will pop up where you will need to fill in all the declaration details that it is asking for such as destination, import date, which shall be retrieved automatically
Step 6:After the declaration details screen up, all the information shall be retrieved automatically. After you complete this step, click on next.
Step 7: Now, since while importing you will need the e-guarantee, the VAT payment screen shall confirm the e-guarantee number in order to proceed. Now, you will need to fill up the e-guarantee number and then click on the ‘Verify e-guarantee’ option.
Step 8: Now, after the e-guarantee submission is completed, you will receive a confirmation message which shall appear on your screen along with the transaction ID and the amount as well.
You shall also receive a confirmation email about the successful submission of the e-guarantee and this marks the successful completion of the e-Guarantee.
For further clarity about e-guarantee submission and other aspects related to company incorporation, VAT registration, VAT return filing, auditing, accounting and a lot more, GCC Filings is always your best option by all means.